Thursday, 30 October 2008

Hits The Spot: A Little Bit Of Lovin'



St. Albans' finest Friendly Fires have recorded their take on one of my songs of 2008 in Lykke Li's prodigious ode Little Bit as a precursor to supporting the Swedish songstress on her US tour.

Just from the first listen, this really blew me away.

Friendly Fires - Little Bit (Lykke Li Cover) (YSI) courtesy of Gorilla Vs. Bear.

If I'm honest, it's taken me a little while to warm to their self-titled debut. Probably due to listening to their singles and demos too many times and having to get over the fact that Your Love wasn't on it. But my love for them was hastily re-ignited by this incredible performance on Later...

Friendly Fires - Paris (Live) @ Later... with Jools Holland



Buy Little Bit @ Moshi Moshi
Buy Friendly Fires @ Amazon.co.uk and @ Beggars if you're American.

0 Voicemails: