Saturday 23 August 2008

Summer Lovin'



It's a Saturday night, I should really be out doing something far more interesting... but nevermind that.

Whilst hibernating in my rubiks cube sized box room, I just came across this gem of act - Shooting Spires.

It's the "bedroom art-pop" project of Parts & Labor bassist/vocalist BJ Warshaw, and while I'm not particularly enamoured with his main project, I can't help but fall in love with his debut and self-titled album under this guise.

Released in late 2007, Shooting Spires is a great experimental album which borders on industrial in parts. It's all a bit muddled, and the lyrics are almost undecipherable underneath all the layering but it blends well and conveys a great deal of emotion and warmth and that's it's strength.

I'm done sounding like a journalist now, but it's a perfect album for these late summer nights.

Shooting Spires - Alive And Well
Shooting Spires Myspace
Purchase Shooting Spires Here

0 Voicemails: