Monday 1 December 2008

In Motion: More Than Or Equal To

Here are a few of my favourite music videos of recent times...

Florence & The Machine - Dog Days Are Over



The above song slash video more than affirms my slight suspicion that I haven't paid as much attention to Florence & The Machine as perhaps I ought to. I have been a fool.

UK's answer to Feist? Heiress to the thrown of Kate Bush? I'll wait a while before passing those lazy journalistic judgements, but from what I've heard so far - she isn't far off.

Dog Days Are Over / You've Got The Love is out today on Moshi Moshi. Purchase here (UK) OR here (US).

The BPA - Seattle feat. Emmy The Great



The BPA or The Brighton Port Authority, is basically Norman Cook's idea of a jamming session with a few friends. When those friends are musical royalty like Iggy Pop and David Byrne, it's clear things are going to be a little more interesting.

Current single Seattle features Emmy the Great, and I don't mind saying that I think it makes far better use of her voice than her own material. Purchase it here @ Play.com.

Flying Lotus - Parisian Goldfish AKA Dance Floor Dale (Warp Films)



Although it's not strictly a music video in the sense that it's not for a single release, the above had to be included for obvious reasons. Created by Eric Wareheim for Warp Films, it's viral at it's very best. No prizes for guessing why it's banned from Youtube. Get Flying Lotus' debut LP Los Angeles here (Warpmart).

Any more suggestions?

0 Voicemails: