Wednesday 13 October 2010

Hype: The Way Home



There are times when I come across a band and within seconds I can tell if I'm going to like, love or loathe them. Sometimes it's not quite there yet or there's something missing and sometimes it just feels right, like it did when I first listened to YAAKS.

Based in Eastbourne, they're being relatively coy with information for the moment but what I do know is that in their own words they are "six minds playing music to best portray the thoughts of Jean-Jacques Rousseau", what more could you want from a band?

Obviously, it's extremely early days and whilst there are already flashes of greatness in the tracks that I've heard so far, this is a band who should be given time and space to flourish and build upon the depth of ideas on show, not get caught up in the trappings of being the buzz de jour.

For now, I'll quieten down and let the music do the talking. Wrap your listening gear around this and also make sure to check out BRKYLN // Fig. 1 on their Myspace too.

YAAKS - HRHRHYTHM


Bookmark and Share

8 Voicemails:

James P said...

this is really great

Anonymous said...

amazing track

Anonymous said...

This bored me

Carl said...

Gutted.

Anonymous said...

seriously? this what people are raving about this days? I think I might just go and shoot myself

Anonymous said...

seriously? this is what people are raving about these days? I think I might just go and shoot myself

Carl said...

So bitter that you had to comment twice?

Anonymous said...

almost went for the third one, but then I figured - that would just be annoying... seriously though, wasn't intentional, sorry about that.