Tuesday 10 June 2008

What The Fuck Is You Gonna Do About It?



So... after a long wait, the release of Simian Mobile Disco's remix album Sample And Hold is just around the corner. And my god... it's worth the wait.

Containing remixes from a really diverse array of sources including Chrome Hoof, Cosmo Vitelli, and Simon Baker to name a few. It really adds a fresh twist to the already classic Attack Decay Sustain Release and features some of the best remixes I've heard in a long time.

Personal highlights are legendary French electronica whizz Joakim's remix of Hustler and a brilliantly exotic 8 minute rework of It's The Beat from DFA's criminally underrated Shit Robot. I've got a sneaking suspicion the latter is going to be one of my most played songs this summer.

Released through Wichita on July 28th, seriously; invest in it. I will be.

Simian Mobile Disco - It's The Beat (Shit Robot Remix)
Simian Mobile Disco Myspace
Pre-order Sample And Hold @ Amazon

Carl

0 Voicemails: