Thursday 4 September 2008

What Have I Said?!



For God's sake...

Q: Are you sick of me going on and on and on about The Shoes?
A: Tough shit.

The Reims duo seem to have an unbelievable ability to craft amazing remixes of well known and much loved songs, and turn them into arguably even better ones.

Reworks of Primary 1's Hold Me Down, Mystery Jets' Young Love and Wiley's Wearing My Rolex amongst my favourites, it's now the turn of Late Of The Pier's dance floor juggernaut Focker.

It's toned down the insane samples and replaced them with a dirty little piano piece and some rabid, rattling drums. It's not as schizophrenic, but instead given a more conventional pop-edge. I wouldn't say it was better than the original, but it's a damn good effort.

The Shoes are currently in the UK, following up last night's support slot for Santogold at Koko with a performance at Bestival and another support slot for Digitalism at London's Astoria on the 19th of this month.

Late Of The Pier - Focker (The Shoes Remix) (Zshare)
The Shoes Myspace
LOTP @ Rough Trade

2 Voicemails:

Anonymous said...

You're right, I am sick of it, and yet I want some more. Great songs!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your support.
Guillaume.
The Shoes.