Wednesday 24 December 2008

Hype: Fantasies Are Just Plans In Fancy Dress



I first came across the charms of Hackney's Summer Holiday back in 2006, when their brilliant U Could Be Mine quickly became both a defining song of the year for me and one of my favourites of all time.

Fast forward a few years and Channel 4 are about to air a documentary on their escapades, which include guerrilla gigging on top of their car in various locations around the world.

It would seem that the the seven piece are going from strength to strength and they have just updated U Could Be Mine and a few others in their extensive catalog. Have a listen.

Summer Holiday - Spaceman (YSI)

Summer Holiday - U Could Be Mine (YSI)

When I finally gather the funds to move to the big smoke, these guys are definitely near the top of my 'must see live' list. If you have some spare time on your hands, read their Myspace blog as vocalist Tom Parkinson is one of the funniest people I know (and one of the hardest to keep on task!).

0 Voicemails: