Monday 2 November 2009

Gig: I'm Stuck In My Own Dimension



Wow, it's almost a year to the day since I first blogged about the industrious and already somewhat illustrious Theophilus London, just after his first mixtape JAM! dropped.

Since then he's worked with an array of producers and artists, released a second mixtape - the creatively titled This Charming Mixtape - and even found the time to form Chauffeur with Mark Ronson and Sam Sparro.

I'll finally get the chance to see the live show this Thursday at YOYO, so to celebrate here's probably my favourite track of his thus far, though admittedly that's 50% down to UK's secretive duo Letherette on production.

Theophilus London - All The Ooh's And Aah's (feat. Jesse Boykins) (YSI)

Letherette are soon to release their debut LP through machinedrum's label NORMREX which is also home to THRØWY, New Look and Jimmy Edgar amongst others.

Coincidentally, I was fortunate enough to catch a seriously impressive improv set by machinedrum prior to him DJ'ing for XL's freshly signed Azealia Banks at YOYO only a couple of weeks back. Now where's that endorsement money guys...


Bookmark and Share


0 Voicemails: